Christmas 2018 Waste collection details
Waste and recycling collection service changes over the Festive period
Please see information below regarding changes to waste services over the festive period.
Household Waste & Recycling
All domestic waste, recycling and food collections are cancelled on 25 December & 1 January.
All collections due Tuesday 25th Dec & Tuesday 1st Jan will be collected on Saturday 22 December & Saturday 29 December
Food waste collections – household and trade
All food waste collections due Tuesday 25 December & 1 January will be collected Thursday 27 December & Thursday 3 January.
Changes to households that currently receive a WEEKLY collection:
Selkirk households that usually get a weekly collection on Tuesday 25 December & Thursday 1 January will be collected on Thursday 27 December & Thursday 3 January
Householders can find out their new collection day via the postcode look up www.scotborders.gov.uk/bincollections, by calling 0300 100 1800 or visit a Contact Centre.
Commercial Waste & Recycling
All commercial waste, recycling and food collections are cancelled on 25 December & 1 January.
Selkirk, Galashiels & Tweedbank
Commercial general waste and recycling collections due Tuesday 25 December & Tuesday 1 January in will be collected on Thursday 27 December & Thursday 3 January.
Recycling centres, landfill and waste transfer stations
All SBC Community recycling centres, waste transfer stations and landfill site will be closed on 25 and 26 December and 1 and 2 January.
The Community recycling centres will close at 4pm on 24 and 31 December.
Christmas Trees can be taken to any Community Recycling Centre for composting.
These will be cancelled between 24 December and 4 January inclusive.
How the public can find out about the changes
· Household waste collection look-up facility - www.scotborders.gov.uk/bincollections
· Via the SBC general enquiry number - 0300 100 1800 or by visiting any SBC Contact Centre
· Check out Contact Centre opening hours – www.scotborders.gov.uk/contactcentres
· As part of the #yourpart campaign, local press adverts over the festive period will direct householders to the postcode look up facility in addition to the enquiry number and contact centres.
· Radio Borders adverts from 18 December to 3 January will also highlight that there will be changes and where further information can be found.
· Via SBC social media - Facebook and Twitter.
This briefing is also being emailed to all Community Councils for their information. Please feel free to distribute this information to anyone else as appropriate.
For any general waste and recycling or festive collection queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Waste and Recycling team on ReduceReuseRecycle@scotborders.gov.uk until Friday 21 December.
Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2019 from the Waste Services team.
Site Last Updated - 03/03/2020 13:44:29